Now, more than ever, we’re here for schools. Bring Crisis Text Line to your school and help students, teachers, administrators, and parents get the mental health support they need during this critical time. Sign up for our school newsletter.
Students’ lives have turned upside down as Coronavirus has forced 90 percent of kids around the world to miss in-person school.
Schools and students, we see you:
- Schools, we know you’re doing your best to support the emotional health of your students without seeing them in person.
- Students, we know you’re doing your best to learn, grow, and keep it all together without access to the people and places that used to encompass so much of your life.
- Parents, we know this has uprooted your lives, too. You’re juggling work, plus full-time childcare—all while working your hardest to help your kids learn.
But, there’s good news: we’re here to help (and we’re really good at it). Whether students are feeling the long-term effects of social isolation, grieving over missed proms/graduations/games, or are worried about their family, we’re here to help. Anyone can text SCHOOL to 741741 to connect with a Crisis Counselor. Totally free, 24/7. We’re here—and we’re ready.
- Download this toolkit to help students in get free, 24/7 crisis support at their fingertips.
- Sign up for your school-specific email list. We’re sharing monthly insights about how students are feeling across the country. Stay in the know so you can best help your students. (Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for the list).
- Include a note about the importance of mental health support and the resource in all COVID-related communications
- Include “Text SCHOOL to 741741 for free, 24/7 crisis counseling” in all staff email signatures.
- Integrate a note about the resource into online learning tools lunch as Canvas, Blackboard, Zoom, and Google Classroom.
- Share the resource regularly across all school social media using these assets.
- Print this flyer to include in students’ grab-and-go meals
- Share these digital assets across social media accounts and include “Text SCHOOL to 741741” as a resource in your bio
- If you are the leader of a team, club, or student leadership organization, include the resource in community emails and announcements
- Share this toolkit with your peers to help get the word out about 741741 for people who need it!
- Start a social media challenge in your community to check in about mental health
- PRO TIP: Don’t forget to tag @crisistextline and “Text SCHOOL to 741741”